The following path etiquette guidelines are intended to help people more fully enjoy each segment of the Ke Ala Hele Makalae Health and Heritage Corridor.
- Be Courteous—All path users should be respectful of other users regardless of their mode of travel, speed, or skill level.
- Keep Path Clear—Use no more than one-half of the path when in a group. Move off of the path if you are stopped.
- Be Predictable—Travel in a consistent manner. Look behind you before changing position on the path.
- Keep Right—Stay to the right side on the path except when passing. Move back or to the right once safely past.
- Respect Private Property—Stay on designated paths or roadways. Avoid shortcutting switchbacks.
- Signal When Passing—Give a clear warning signal by voice, bell, or horn before you pass.
- Yield to Slower Traffic—Cyclists yield to pedestrians. “Wheels yield to Heels.”
- Respect the ‘Aina & the Park—Keep litter in trash receptacles.
Specific path etiquette guidelines for dog walking have yet to be approved by the County of Kauai—please apply the golden rule. Link to section on Dogs on the Path